Carol, I have been following your story but been too busy to leave feedback. Darn graduate school! Anyway, this was absolutely lovely. I was so excited to see another part posted. I almost sent the police after you last week! evil

Clark nodded again, still staring out the window, wondering desperately how to start this conversation. Finally, he just blurted it out. "We've been married for three and a half years, Perry, and I've never made love to my wife." His head hung and his eyes were closed as he waited to see what the editor's response would be.
This had to be really hard for Clark and I love Perry for listening. Sometimes, having someone just to listen to us makes all the difference in the world.
"You got it." He stood and started pacing. "The first time... The only time I've ever seen my wife's body was when he was about to rape her. I've never *really* kissed her. I've never touched her. I've never taken her clothes off as we get ready to... But *he* has. He *did*."

He took a ragged breath, before practically exploding. "Damn it, he took that from me! From us. If it had happened before we got married, like Wayne and Maggie, that would have been one thing. If it had happened after we'd been together like that, it still wouldn't be pleasant to know that someone else had done things to her. But for him to do those things to her... Not with her, mind you, but to her, before I did them *with* her... Her first experience with a man taking her clothes off... Her first experience with a man touching her... and it's him. I'm not saying it would have been easy whenever it happened, but even though we've been married for as long as we have, the only memories she has of a man is of *him*."
This is just so touching. Poor Clark. But together he and Lois can make new memories and move forward. I sure hope that Lois will soon want to be with him so that he can show her what it feels like to be made love to.

This was a sweet chapter. I loved it! Carol, you bring these characters to life. Well don and I'll see you on Wednesday with part 35!

BRAVA!
~Sheila

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.