It was rather horrible to see Clark bleeding and hurt. It was so wrong somehow. Clark should be invulnerable!

Well, in your story he is not invulnerable, but he is less vulnerable than ordinary people:

“I've been a medic for a year or two and I'm amazed at how few obvious injuries your husband's suffered.
Like I said, he is not invulnerable, but he is not as vulnerable as an ordinary human would be, either. But that doesn't mean he should take all sorts of crazy risks, at least not if Lois has any say in the matter!
“Clark,” Lois hissed, as soon as the medic was out of earshot. “What were you thinking?”

“I'm not sure I had time to think ... just that I could help.” Clark's voice sounded somewhat flat, resigned to a dressing down from his worried wife.

“Oh yes. Did you think you were Superman?”

Clark looked away, anywhere but at his wife. He swallowed painfully, then said softly, “Lo-is ...”

There was the sound of someone clearing his throat from behind them and Sergeant Peterson came into view. “I don't know about Superman, Mrs. Kent, but I'd certainly say a hero. If it hadn't been for your husband here, there would have been more serious casualties. He shouted a warning and knocked a couple of the staff out of the way. As it was, just the head teller who opened the package was seriously injured.”
'Did you think you were Superman?' What a hurtful question. And a potentially dangerous one. But even though Sergeant Peterson heard it, he didn't connect any dots, so that he linked the missing Superman with the not-very-seriously-hurt Clark Kent. But I loved that he pointed out that Clark had been heroic, and that he had probably saved several people in the bank.

I alos loved seeing Lois in her inimitable go-get-the-story reporter mode! Of course, in this case it was more her go-find-Clark wife mode. In any case, I loved it.

I, too, was worried about the idea that Clark's glasses and Clark's blood would be forensic evidence. I hope no one will look at either Clark's blood or his prescription too carefully.

I'm relieved, too, that everybody understands that the Avenger means business, and that Clark may well be his target. The threat of this crazy criminal should certainly be taken seriously from now on!

And I wouldn't mind seeing Jor-El getting involved, too!

One person I didn't miss in this part was the Avenger himself. Here's hoping we will see a lot of Lois and Clark and other good guys in the coming parts, and not all that much of the Avenger (even though I do understand that we will have to see more of his bombs)!

Ann