Next Thread
Print Thread
T
TOC Offline OP
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
It was rather horrible to see Clark bleeding and hurt. It was so wrong somehow. Clark should be invulnerable!

Well, in your story he is not invulnerable, but he is less vulnerable than ordinary people:

“I've been a medic for a year or two and I'm amazed at how few obvious injuries your husband's suffered.
Like I said, he is not invulnerable, but he is not as vulnerable as an ordinary human would be, either. But that doesn't mean he should take all sorts of crazy risks, at least not if Lois has any say in the matter!
“Clark,” Lois hissed, as soon as the medic was out of earshot. “What were you thinking?”

“I'm not sure I had time to think ... just that I could help.” Clark's voice sounded somewhat flat, resigned to a dressing down from his worried wife.

“Oh yes. Did you think you were Superman?”

Clark looked away, anywhere but at his wife. He swallowed painfully, then said softly, “Lo-is ...”

There was the sound of someone clearing his throat from behind them and Sergeant Peterson came into view. “I don't know about Superman, Mrs. Kent, but I'd certainly say a hero. If it hadn't been for your husband here, there would have been more serious casualties. He shouted a warning and knocked a couple of the staff out of the way. As it was, just the head teller who opened the package was seriously injured.”
'Did you think you were Superman?' What a hurtful question. And a potentially dangerous one. But even though Sergeant Peterson heard it, he didn't connect any dots, so that he linked the missing Superman with the not-very-seriously-hurt Clark Kent. But I loved that he pointed out that Clark had been heroic, and that he had probably saved several people in the bank.

I alos loved seeing Lois in her inimitable go-get-the-story reporter mode! Of course, in this case it was more her go-find-Clark wife mode. In any case, I loved it.

I, too, was worried about the idea that Clark's glasses and Clark's blood would be forensic evidence. I hope no one will look at either Clark's blood or his prescription too carefully.

I'm relieved, too, that everybody understands that the Avenger means business, and that Clark may well be his target. The threat of this crazy criminal should certainly be taken seriously from now on!

And I wouldn't mind seeing Jor-El getting involved, too!

One person I didn't miss in this part was the Avenger himself. Here's hoping we will see a lot of Lois and Clark and other good guys in the coming parts, and not all that much of the Avenger (even though I do understand that we will have to see more of his bombs)!

Ann

Columnist
Columnist
I am going back and forth on whether or not I like Lois in this fic. Man she was harsh to Clark
“Clark,” Lois hissed, as soon as the medic was out of earshot. “What were you thinking?”

“I'm not sure I had time to think ... just that I could help.” Clark's voice sounded somewhat flat, resigned to a dressing down from his worried wife.

“Oh yes. Did you think you were Superman?”

Clark looked away, anywhere but at his wife. He swallowed painfully, then said softly, “Lo-is ...”
Poor guy, that has to be so hard for him to try and pull his life back together and then for the woman he loves more than life itself to say that to him...

She did redeem herself at the very end when she noted that Clark was going to see Dr. Klein like it or not.

I hope all is well with your father in law. Safe trip.

C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Jenni - loving it as always. I feel for Clark. Of course he's going to try to help.

Good luck with your trip.
Carol

Columnist
Columnist
Hi,

I just wanted to address the point of how Lois is acting toward Clark, before I disappear for a week.

I'm sorry some of you feel she is acting too harshly, but remember she is doing so out of fear. Clark isn't the only one who is having to adjust to him being back home.

Lois is in seventh heaven now she has Clark back, but she knows how difficult a time she went through when she lost him. She doesn't feel she could survive a second time.

In the show, when Lois was mentally afraid, she tended to react strongly, and not always tactfully. Her comment about Clark being Superman in my story came from a deep-rooted fear of losing the man she adores. Perhaps I will clarify that before I send this story to the archive.

I hope that as this story goes along, you will see that Lois learns to temper her remarks and that their love survives and triumphs ... as it should in our Lois and Clark world.

TOC, I'm sorry, but you might see a few more scenes of the bomber. Perhaps you might want to fast forward through these passages. wink

Once again, thank you for the comments, and I'm sorry if Lois' remark upset you. But I do want my readers to feel all the good and bad in life along with my characters.

My stories are never waffy or fluffy, though I hope they do have some lighter and romantic moments, but I tend to put Lois and Clark through some difficult times.

I will repeat that I do believe in bringing Lois and Clark through to a safe harbour in the end.

Thank you for listening. Oh, and thanks for the good wishes for my trip.

Yours Jenni

C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Jenni - I thought the Superman line was spot on myself, though she probably should have been slightly more careful that no one else was around.

I was going to say something else, but DS was up in the middle of the night and I didn't sleep well anyway and whatever it was has flown the coop wink .
Carol

T
TOC Offline OP
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Once again, thank you for the comments, and I'm sorry if Lois' remark upset you.
You didn't upset me with it, Jenni! But I could understand if Clark found it painful. I quite agree with eveything you said - Lois reacts so harshly because she loves Clark somuch, and she is so afraid that something might happen to him.

And I can put up with a few more appearances of the bomber, I guess, though I would fast-forward his scenes if I could! wink

Ann

Columnist
Columnist
ditto what Carol and Ann said. I totally got Lois' fear in this chapter. The way she was worrying about his injury, then worrying about his lack of injury was really sweet. And it was nice to see all the undercurrents going on between Lois and Clark in that scene. It's like they had a silent conversation between themselves.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Another fine post. Clark has all the bad luck...

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
When is next part coming, Jenni? wildguy wildguy wildguy

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
Columnist
Columnist
Hi everyone,

I'm back and hope to be back to posting the next part on schedule - Monday. smile

Our trip to visit my father-in-law was good, but very long and tiring, and I've been trying to recover, but it's difficult when I have to take care of John. He was also exhausted by the time we came home. Still, my father-in-law was very happy to see us, so it made the journey worthwhile.

A big thank you to those of you who posted comments after I left. I hope the next part lives up to expectations. smile

Yours Jenni

Columnist
Columnist
Glad you are back safe and sound Jenni. Looking forward to the next part.

Have a restful weekend.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard