Ann - that wasn't what I meant by that at all. What it meant was that it was less likely that he somehow misread the situation - or at least that's how the jury might see it.

Theoretically, anyway, Paul could make the argument that the girl [whoever she was] led him on and then said 'no' at the last minute and he didn't really believe her or whatever. While that would still make him criminally liable for what he did, this is a civil case. If he could make that argument convincingly, the awards might be smaller.

Since Lois is married, that story wouldn't be nearly as believable. Even though the rumor was out there that Clark was having an affair, no one but Clark, and later Jimmy and Lucy [though I don't think that's been revealed yet], knew that Lois believed it - or even knew about it.

So it's not that I think that a single woman should get a smaller amount or anything like that - I only meant that it was less likely that Paul/his people could cast her in a... negative light, if that makes sense. The argument that she led him on is harder to make. She's the only one of the women [that we know of] who was in any kind of serious relationship at the time and he knew that she was married.

It *could* make a difference in the mind of the jury when it came to the circumstances surrounding the incidents.

Does that make any sense at all?

Actually - I've seen the ice hotel on... Discovery or TLC or whatever several times. I stuck it in there but couldn't remember where it was, then I remembered Sweden and thought of you - so of course it had to stay wink .

Carol