I don't think there has been a FDK thread for this story yet, so I'm starting one now. This was a sad, almost whammy chapter. This was really ominous:

“I'm sorry,” she started and I felt my entire body tense up again. “The lab does not seem to have the results of your blood test. They don't have any record of you being there at all.”
I can't help thinking that this was more than a simple mistake, and some kind of foul play is going on.

It was so painful to see how Lois was afraid to open up to her own family. Even talking to Martha made her panic for a moment. Well, I can understand her. She is a tangle of nerves, and having all those other people hovering around her, asking her questions and constantly reminding her of her situation does not sound like something Lois needs right now.

It was so sweet of Clark to fly her to Paris. But even that wasn't enough of a distraction to Lois. How can it be? What is Paris compared with the looming threat of losing your child?

I can't help thinking of your own situation as you are writing this, Nancy. I'm no longer as anxious to have a happy ending to this fic, even though I would surely appreciate it. But not all endings are happy. I do hope you will continue to make your story into a tribute to Lois and Clark's love, regardless of whether or not they can have their baby.

Ann