Next Thread
Print Thread
T
TOC Offline OP
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I don't think there has been a FDK thread for this story yet, so I'm starting one now. This was a sad, almost whammy chapter. This was really ominous:

“I'm sorry,” she started and I felt my entire body tense up again. “The lab does not seem to have the results of your blood test. They don't have any record of you being there at all.”
I can't help thinking that this was more than a simple mistake, and some kind of foul play is going on.

It was so painful to see how Lois was afraid to open up to her own family. Even talking to Martha made her panic for a moment. Well, I can understand her. She is a tangle of nerves, and having all those other people hovering around her, asking her questions and constantly reminding her of her situation does not sound like something Lois needs right now.

It was so sweet of Clark to fly her to Paris. But even that wasn't enough of a distraction to Lois. How can it be? What is Paris compared with the looming threat of losing your child?

I can't help thinking of your own situation as you are writing this, Nancy. I'm no longer as anxious to have a happy ending to this fic, even though I would surely appreciate it. But not all endings are happy. I do hope you will continue to make your story into a tribute to Lois and Clark's love, regardless of whether or not they can have their baby.

Ann

C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
I'm with Ann in that I can't help but think that there's something more than just lost bloodwork, but I can't imagine what the motivation would be. Is there anyway that they could put the bloodwork 'stat'? My doc's office could have the results in 2-3 hours that way - but maybe they want to make sure it's done right rather than fast?

My heart still breaks for them - it's all too familiar.

Carol

Columnist
Columnist
My heart still breaks for them - it's all too familiar.
I am havng a very difficult time leaving fedback for this story. Different reasons same potential outcome, it is hard to read this one with an eye that is not already turned to a tragedy.

Columnist
Columnist
Hi,

This was another good part, but I'm sitting on the edge of my seat, along with Lois and Clark.

Like the other readers, I too am worried about the misplaced blood tests. I'm seeing something sinister here.

I'm sure there is a lot of angst coming up in this story, but I'm hoping you believe in 'happy endings' ... or almost happy, anyway.

Yours Jenni

A
Features Writer
Features Writer
A
Hi,

Yesterday was not a good day so I haven't even started the next part yet, but just to quell all the worries, I wanted to say that the lost bloodwork isn't anything sinister. I'm not planning for this to be a long fic with a complicated plot.

Honestly, the lab lost Lois' bloodwork because the lab lost my bloodwork and it added another element of stress to the whole thing (in that, like Lois and Clark, we were very focused on "we'll know what's going on at this time on this day" and the lost bloodwork changed that). I guess there could be a sinister reason my bloodwork was lost, but I'm guessing not. My life just isn't that interesting. smile

Really, the lab technician was just incompetent (and I did not have Lois go through all the issues we did when we went to the lab although perhaps that would have been better for giving a clue that it wasn't sinister, just a very incompetent plebotomist) and the blood work was eventually found. I don't know that Lois' will be, but only as in my case the found blood work actually complicated things and I'm not sure I want Lois and Clark to go down that path.

Carol - I didn't put in anything about getting results faster as I wasn't aware that was a possibility. Even when I had blood drawn at my doctor's office, they said they wouldn't have results for a day.

Also, because I'm not really interested in keeping people in suspense, I'm still thinking this is going to have a happy ending. You're right, Ann, not all endings are happy and miscarriages are not even all that uncommon (not to mention all the other, more painful, ways to lose a child). But I like happy endings. Fanfic is escapism for me. Real life has enough disappointments - I don't feel the need for this to as well.

Of course, I could change my mind (certainly, Ten Years in the Making ended much differently than I had originally planned), but at least for now, I see this ending happily.

rkn Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Okay, Lois and Clark aren't the only ones on pins and needles here!!! wildguy wildguy wildguy wildguy
We want more Gestation! laugh laugh

thanks!

rkn
A
Features Writer
Features Writer
A
rkn- Thanks for letting me know you are eager to see where this is going.

Unfortunately, the next part is not fully written yet. I've been posting this without any buffer and I've been feeling pretty poorly the last couple of days, so have not been doing much writing. Rest assured I am still writing, but as long as I continue to feel ill, it will likely be a bit longer between posts.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard