Hi,

Yesterday was not a good day so I haven't even started the next part yet, but just to quell all the worries, I wanted to say that the lost bloodwork isn't anything sinister. I'm not planning for this to be a long fic with a complicated plot.

Honestly, the lab lost Lois' bloodwork because the lab lost my bloodwork and it added another element of stress to the whole thing (in that, like Lois and Clark, we were very focused on "we'll know what's going on at this time on this day" and the lost bloodwork changed that). I guess there could be a sinister reason my bloodwork was lost, but I'm guessing not. My life just isn't that interesting. smile

Really, the lab technician was just incompetent (and I did not have Lois go through all the issues we did when we went to the lab although perhaps that would have been better for giving a clue that it wasn't sinister, just a very incompetent plebotomist) and the blood work was eventually found. I don't know that Lois' will be, but only as in my case the found blood work actually complicated things and I'm not sure I want Lois and Clark to go down that path.

Carol - I didn't put in anything about getting results faster as I wasn't aware that was a possibility. Even when I had blood drawn at my doctor's office, they said they wouldn't have results for a day.

Also, because I'm not really interested in keeping people in suspense, I'm still thinking this is going to have a happy ending. You're right, Ann, not all endings are happy and miscarriages are not even all that uncommon (not to mention all the other, more painful, ways to lose a child). But I like happy endings. Fanfic is escapism for me. Real life has enough disappointments - I don't feel the need for this to as well.

Of course, I could change my mind (certainly, Ten Years in the Making ended much differently than I had originally planned), but at least for now, I see this ending happily.