Yes, I know that the example I used was totally extreme and in several ways inappropriate. But I keep insisting that it is no small thing to deliberately hide who you are from your wife. It wasn't as if Clark was lying about smoking. Honestly, it wasn't. A wife can easily come to an agreement with her husband if she finds out that he is a smoker - no smoking indoors, for example, and there shouldn't be much of a problem. If push came to shove, maybe he could even stop smoking. But how can Clark stop being Kryptonian?

The fact that your husband is from another planet and is not fully human is really not comparable to him being a smoker. It is one thing to sort of forget to mention it, as I think Clark did before he married Lois, but it is another thing altogether to be careful not to show let your wife know that you may not fully count as a member of Homo Sapiens after you are married to her. I'm so extremely touchy on this subject, because I grew up with the comics and the movies, where it was the secret about Clark's true nature that kept Lois and Clark apart. Clark/Superman used the secret of his double identity as a shield to ward Lois off. I know that he didn't use it quite like that in the show, but it still didn't help their relationship progress, that's for sure.

Again, I apologize for the extreme example. However, I still don't think that Clark is properly committed to Lois if he would be careful not to reveal himself to her but easily slip up around others. And I agree that he shouldn't have lunch on his own with Mayson, either.

But as long as it isn't just Lois who will have to learn how to love, but Clark as well, I will happily follow this fic.

Ann