Wow! This story is just moving right along and I've enjoyed every chapter. I've been slack about feedback because school has just been a bear!

I think this story is absolutely fabulous and so full of emotions. There is a lot of sexual tension here and Lois has no idea. I am starting to think that Lois's friends are going to make her realize how fortunate she is to have Clark and make her realize how much he loves her. I think that Lois is already in love with him but is going to need a little push of assurance from her friends. The time with her friends is what she needs.

Lois sighed. "I guess I'm outvoted, but you know, I've only even been to like two high school dances in the last four years and that was to cover them for the paper." She shrugged. "They're just not important to me."
Clark wants to make sure that Lois doesn't miss out on any part of her high school experience and she is so busy thinking about everyone else that she is willing to forfeit her happiness.
"I would seriously bet money that she was. Lana was head over heels for you, from what you said in your letters, so I'm sure she was all aflutter too. And, I don't know Rachel, but you are kinda cute and a half decent guy to boot. Any girl would be crazy not to be crazy for you."
It slipped, but Lois does feel something for Clark, more than friendship.
Clark rolled his eyes and wished Lois were even a little crazy for him. "If you say so. I'm just glad Lana had moved on by then so I didn't have to deal with her thinking we were going together. My point is that even though I didn't have a steady girlfriend or anything, I'm glad I went. It's a once in a lifetime thing and I don't want you to miss it. That is if you don't mind taking an old married guy with you."
Clark caught that revelation, but made a joke out of the scenario so that Lois would not feel uncomfortable about her slip up.
"Well, yeah. And because then I get to be with the most beautiful woman here. And, uh, because I heard a couple girls talking about how they no longer believed you got married just to keep Lucy out of the system." He rested his hand on hers.

Her brows furrowed. "Why is that?"

He had the good manners to blush just a bit. "Um, they thought I was cute."

She looked him up and down critically. "I don’t think I'd say 'cute'."

He clasped a hand over his heart and pretended to swoon. "My ego..."

She turned to face him and straightened his tie with both hands. "Handsome, yes. Cute... well, in that monkey suit, you're way beyond cute. I can't believe they said cute."

He laughed self-consciously. "Well, they actually said 'hot'."

She turned and set her bag down on the chair in front of the plate with her name tag sitting on it. "Now that I believe."
Clark casually compliments Lois and lets her know how much it means to him that he's there with her. And Lois uses what her friends said to slip in her own compliment. Ahh, so much sexual tension!
"Hi, Dan."

"Call me Daniel, please. Can I have this dance?" He held out a hand.

"I'm married, remember?"

He shrugged. "That's okay. All I want is a dance."

She sighed. "Thanks, but no thanks."

"I’m not going to drag you off to my lair or something, Lois."

"Dan..." she started.
Oh no! Not Scardino! But I thought it was a unique idea. I would have done something like that! This Dan is a low life jerk. He doesn't seem to care that Lois is married. This is such a vulnerable time for Lois and Clark and Dan sees an opening.
A hand rested on her shoulder. "Honey, would you like to dance?" Clark turned to the other young man. "Hi, I'm Clark, Lois' husband." He held out his hand. "You are...?"

"Daniel." He took the offered hand and shook it quickly.

"Dan, you don't mind if I steal my wife for a dance do you?"

"Call me Daniel and, no, of course not."

Lois stood and Clark's hand rested on the small of her back as they walked over to the dance floor, where a slow song was playing. She moved into the circle of his arms. "Thank you."
And Clark to the rescue! And he called Lois "Honey". She didn't say anything if she caught it. Is she subconsciously just so used to Clark's affection or purposely ignoring it?
It raised an interesting question. She liked Clark a lot and she even loved him. He was her best friend, after all. But what if *the guy* for her came along and she was already married? She didn't believe that there really was a guy out there for her – she'd never told Clark that she'd actually sworn off marriage or why – but what if? What if Clark, regardless of his insistence that she was the only one for him, wasn't the only one for her? Would she leave him? Would he let her? Would she feel obligated to stay with him because of all he'd sacrificed for her and Lucy? Would he leave her first anyway? Was there a chance, slim as he made it sound, that he was already regretting tying himself down to her at such a young age? Her parents had shown her time and time again that marriage vows didn't necessarily mean anything. Would Clark actually be any different?
I think that Lois and Clark need to talk. Poor girl doesn't realize that she is with the man that is meant to be hers. Clark would fight to keep her but if she insisted, no matter what he has already said, he would let her go. It would kill him, but he would. I don't think Clark would try to make Lois feel guilty if she wanted to leave. He married her because he loved her. Yes, he's different and he's not like anyone else.
"He loves you, Lo. I can see in it the way he looks at you. That and he barely glanced at Jodi when she threw herself at him while you were in the bathroom."

"What?! Jodi was talking to him?" At the nod, she continued. "That hussy! He's wearing a wedding ring for crying out loud!" She glanced at Clark and saw him start to cough, but she knew he was just struggling to keep from laughing.

Peggy shrugged. "She doesn't care. She just saw a cute guy she hadn't either slept with or been turned down by and went for it. He smiled politely and told her that he wasn't interested."

Lois shook her head. "That sounds like Clark. He'd be nice to anyone. Even home breaking hussies."
What better confirmation for Lois than from the observations of friends that Clark is in love with her. These friends are good for Lois. And he turned down an attractive girl for her. Clark listening in on the conversations and then struggling to keep his composure is quite funny, too.

As always Carol, very nice! Loved it! I'll be looking for you on Wednesday!

~Sheila

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.