I'm not the one who should start this thread since I have so little time, but since no one else has replied so far...

Your story remains sweet and poignant. A lot of the interaction between Lois and Clark in this chapter was heartwarming:

She smiled slightly and then continued. "That's why darling, it's incredible that someone so unforgettable , thinks that I am unforgettable too."

They did little more than sway together in time to the music as the instrumental interlude floated in the air. When it was time for the lyrics to continue, Lois began to sing quietly again. "Unforgettable, in every way. And forevermore that is how you will stay. That's why, darling, it's incredible that someone so unforgettable thinks that I am unforgettable too."

The applause picked up again as the song came to an end.

The man came back to the microphone. "So, not only do we have a handsome couple who can dance, but a beautiful woman who can sing."

"Clark," Lois hissed as she smacked him on the chest. "I didn't think anyone else could hear me."

Clark smiled at her. "You sounded wonderful."
That's so sweet! I really think that Lois meant what she was singing - Clark is unforgettable, and she is happy to be married to him. Even though she doesn't love him like that.

He loved her. He somehow knew he had loved her the first time he saw her in line at journalism camp. Ever since he had first kissed her the day before they left camp and then at their wedding and later that night when they had found themselves kissing in their sleep, he had longed to take her in his arms and kiss her like she deserved to be kissed.

His arm tightened around her slightly, the flannel of what she claimed were her most comfortable pajamas sitting softly against his arm.

How on earth did he expect to keep his feelings to himself when he was so close to her all night every night? When he longed to not just hold her, but to kiss her and make love with her as married couples were wont to do?

Well, he had already availed himself of the shower – the cold side of it – once and had taken a quick trip to the arctic last night after their make out session on the couch.
And you just have to love Clark here. He loves Lois, and he will be an infinitely patient man for her sake, even if he'll have to cool off repeatedly in the Arctic.

And how did he plan to explain to her that he was an alien? Somehow he knew she'd understand, but would she feel slighted that she hadn't been allowed to choose for herself? To make the decision to marry him with all of the facts?
This isn't good, though. Clark need to tell Lois soon.

"I can drive all night and get there mid-afternoon on Friday in case Wayne needs me to sign anything or whatever. I can get a good night's sleep and pack up on Saturday and leave either late Saturday or very early Sunday and try to be home late Sunday night."

"I don't think so. Not by yourself. I'll go with you." She stabbed her fork into her salad and took a bite.

He sighed. "Lois, you have two finals on Friday."

She slumped back in her seat, defeated. "I know. I just don't want you to have to drive all that way by yourself."
I love that she cares so much about him, so that she doesn't want him to drive so far all by himself. Not that she knows that she needn't have worried.

I really liked that they both wanted to do their share to keep their little household afloat financially.

The UNGAME was fascinating, and the end of this chapter was lovely:

'Describe divorce in three words.'" Clark held up a finger with each word. "Not. Gonna. Happen." At Lois' look, he continued. "I think that as long as we care about each other, we can work through anything. Any problems we have. At least that's what I want. What my parents taught me."

"Even if you fall in love with someone else?" Lois looked at her hands, unwilling or unable to make herself look at him.

In an instant he was kneeling by her on the couch. One finger lifted her chin so she had to face him. "Lois, I know you aren't in love with me and I know it's hard for you to believe that I am truly in love with you because we know each other so little really. But I promise you, that is never going to happen. You are the only woman in the world for me. Ever. Period. End of discussion. I knew the second I bumped into you at Journalism Camp that someday, somehow I would find you again and I would marry you."

Tears had begun to stream down Lois' face. "Are you sure, Clark? Even if it's been ten years and I am still not ready to..." she gestured towards the bedroom. "...you know."

"Ten years?" An eyebrow raised. "I hope it's not that long, Lois, but I will wait for you, however long it takes, I promise." He pulled her close to him. "I promise," he whispered.
Beautiful!

But he so needs to tell Lois about his "difference", though! And soon!

Ann