Another brilliant part!

So Lois's employer would fire her for showing the world a truth that the world's elite does not believe in. Hmmmm. I sure, sure hope that this wouldn't be the case here, in this world that we all live in. But it might, I'm sorry to say.

Then again, Lois does not fully believe in the truth herself (even though she knows that she didn't cheat when she filmed the plane, of course). And you know what, Shayne? A part of me still doesn't blame Lois for not believing in Superman. The problem with Superman is that he is obviously impossible. A hero like Batman is obviously improbable but not obviously impossible. It is only when you start thinking about the logistics involved in being Batman on an almost nightly basis that you realize that he, too, is impossible. But Superman is obviously impossible. A man can fly? Yeah, and according to what scientific theory would that be possible, or, for that matter, according to what part of common sense or human experience would it be possible? It wouldn't. To the very, very best of human understanding, flying is impossible. I don't blame Lois for not believing. So it's time for Clark to give her incontrovertible proof now, Shayne!

And thanks to Debbie for pointing out this little gem:

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
More than just a daredevil willing to climb tall buildings and leap off speeding airplanes, he was a fellow reporter.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This was just a riot, not only because Lois is so close but still not there, but the echo of "able to leap tall buildings" and "faster than a speeding bullet" was just priceless.
It was priceless, indeed!!! clap

Ann