I must echo something Cornelia said - everyone in our world has a counterpart in Clark's world and vice versa, But Clark is the only one whose counterpart is a comic book character? That is curiously interesting. Maybe Krypton never existed in our world. Or maybe it just wasn't possible to send a small baby across the light-years of space, keep him alive during the awesome journey, find the Earth - what a speck in space!!! - at the other end on the journey, and get the spaceship to make a controlled, soft landing there? I'd say that such a feat is just utterly unlikely. But how amazing that two American teenagers in the 1930s, Siegel and Shuster, would just "know" about this story so that they could present Superman/Clark Kent to the world as a comic book character!!! (Insert "the mind boggles" gremlin.)

Maybe the universe you have created isn't "our" world, but rather a fantastically skillful take on what a "realistic" LnC universe would be like. (Ummmm... did that make sense, or did I confuse myself utterly now? I suspect the latter.... dizzy )

Ann