Okay, let me clarify my earlier statement that they're both at fault. Yes, Clark started it. He was a total doofus to break up with Lois to protect her. Stupid, stupid move. Complete idiot. That's on him all the way. That's Clark's bad, not Lois's. No argument from me, FOLCs.

But Lois won't talk to him, won't listen to him, won't work out some kind of continuing relationship with him. She didn't start it, but she's keeping the conflict going. She's begin mean, really snarky mean, and she's throwing barbs back at Clark which are intended only to hurt him. Sure, he deserves some of it, maybe even all of it, but all Lois is doing is making it even harder for them to co-exist at the Planet. If she doesn't back off, she's going to push them to the point of total professional separation, and that's not something Perry would like to see. Such an outcome would hurt the entire paper, and have negative consequences for everyone there, and Lois hasn't considered that at all. She's just reacting in hurt and anger to everything Clark says or does.

I hope this g-fic keeps going. This is very interesting, and I'm enjoying the story a lot. Since I have a good deal of outdoor experience but not a great love for it, I understand Lois's disdain for outdoor bathrooms completely. This might be a great team-building exercise, but it's not something I'd ever volunteer for. Keep it up!

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing