Fine part! I found the scene between Clark and the headmistress interesting. Who would have thought that a single father is picked on like that?
Outside the office, he couldn’t help but hear the principal whispering something about single parents that just wasn’t repeatable.
Great start for Clark. Couldn't have been any better. mad

“Why don’t you come with me, Rebecca? I’m going to introduce you to your class,” Ms. Anderson suggested and opened the door to get out of the office again.
Poor girl! This is the second time Mrs. Anderson calls her Rebecca, and she hasn't told her yet to call her Becca instead. She must be so frightened!

“Mr. Kent, we’re not convinced yet that you are prepared to be a father,”
Well, this introduction certainly sums up the rest of the dialogue. How much worse could it have been? This whole backflash touches me deeply.

Five years ago, he had condemned Becca’s biological father for being so irresponsible. Clark had paid for another man’s mistakes and bitterly so.
I don't really get the meaning of this part. Do you want to express that Clark considered Becca a burden? Or that Lily's death is somehow the father's fault? Or are you referring to the dialogue with the dragon? confused

There was only one answer to that question: he *had* searched for it, unconsciously.
So he's really, truly smitten. Good.

Oh, and before I forget this one:
Lily had discussed sex several times, but it was hard to tell if she was only teasing. She had mentioned sex, granted, but she had never actually tried to seduce him.
Clark is a virgin! Surprise, Lois! (Whenever she'll find out...)

Thanks for sharing!

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)