It wasn't a quote from what you said. I don't know if it would be like that in Germany. Perhaps it's only wishful thinking after I saw a few pictures of what parents can do to their children. That doesn't mean that I consider single- parenthood as a bad thing. Violence can also happen in families with two parents.

But after nine dead baby's, a baby that was found dead in a restroom and more of this horror stories I can't deny that I wished the authorities would come sooner, sometimes.

Of course we all know that Clark's the good guy. I still haven't written the whole story and maybe I will include something to make it more plausible. I read some things about adoption in the USA and I don't think that Clark would have been able to adopt a child.

The scene devolped in my mind when I still thought that Clark had to adopt Becca. I like the scene and my beta- reader had no objections. Of course I could have asked you, Classicalla.

And I have no problems to imagine a dragon that dares to sail close to the wind. Maybe just because she doesn't like men and thinks that Clark can't be good for Becca because he's a man. You might say now that Clark could easily take her to court. I know it's not difficult in the USA and most people do anything to prevent that.

But then, she is a dragon and he is only twenty-two. I don't have children, but I can tell you that you're not too courageous at the age of twenty two. Moreover, Clark is insecure. He has to care for a child, but has no job. The person he could rely on has just died. And if you remember :

He had failed in saving those to people as much as he had failed years ago when Lily had died.
So somehow Clark blames himself for her death. I didn't explain why and won't do it now. So how strong would he be to fight with the dragon?

It's never too dark to be cool. cool