Apparently I'm the only one in this thread who didn't see "50 First Dates"
No, I haven’t see it either, Terry, but I do know the premise. I don’t know how it ended. (Of course, DJ also explained the premise when she asked for a bit of technical assistance with the story while it was still in the planning stages.)

And I was always disappointed that the style change was never explained, sort of like the sudden head ridges for Klingons in Star Trek between the original series and the movies.
Well, they finally did hint of an explanation of that in ST:DS9 - Trials And Tribble-ations. They finished up the explanation in the ST:Enterprise enhanced human arc (Augments - think Khan Noonian Singh). The Klingons stole the technology and their genetic experiment went horribly wrong. One of those side effects was the loss of the ridges for some of the Klingons. It took some time before they were able to completely ‘fix’ the problem.

Oh, Andreia, I just love your jaw drop icon.

I haven't seen 50 First Dates either. Had no idea how it ended until reading the FDK on this story.
It was in the feedback? Really? Well, tell me again.

Oh, but Terry, didn't you know? The Klingons evolved.
Nope… you’re wrong. See my explanation above - It was a genetic enhancement experiment gone wrong.

I can only imagine what it would be like to have this kind of trauma. How horrible it must be to wake up every day and not remember anything that has happened. For those people that never recover it has to be such a shock to wake up and look in the mirror and see such an older version of yourself.
I saw a report on TV about a woman who has ‘face amnesia’. She recognizes no one’s face - including her own. If she is going to meet her husband later in the day for lunch or some such, he has to make sure she knows what he was wearing. And then sometimes he still has to tell her who he is. (She does recognize voices.) Can you imagine the hassle this would be at work? (And she does work.)

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~