one day the house was run down and empty and the next, the post-man had seen a man moving furniture inside the place and he had been astonished to realize just how many repairs seemed to have been made in such a short amount of time.
I hope those repairs weren’t too fast…

Okay, I know I haven’t read this story, but where did I read about the premise - Lex being the reporter and Clark being rich? Was it a challenge? Or did you mention the premise somewhere else? It’s driving me nuts trying to figure it out.

Considering she barely knew how to make a grilled-cheese sandwich, this placed her in the "even more clueless than average" category.
It’s totally possible to flop making a grilled cheese sandwich…

The extensive italics are pretty hard to read. Why don't you try having them follow a certain type of division mark?

(A new part every day or so, so people actually have time to read them before the next is up. hehehe!)
Well, now, I’m just reading part 1 and you’ve got part 2 up. (I’m not complaining mind you.)

And Lana, well, she is more than Clark's assistant, but this is all I'll say for now.
Daughter? And hey, I was coming up with this before I read Ann’s post.

So... does that girl have anything to do with Lana? How old is Lana in this story? Could she, by any chance, be Clark Kent's daughter? (Oh, my. Super-Lana. I'm not absolutely sure I like this!)
Lara did say that 'Across the Dunes' was one of his earlier novels.

You're reading between the lines too much. Well... it's easy to assume that, but he never actually says that the girl is his daughter.
Like a daughter?

Wow, Lara. I just don't know what to say about this. This is your best work yet. I'm just absolutely blown away. Fantastic!!!

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~