After Ann's posts you almost not dare say anything. wink

Caroline,
Very often when I read a fic I fast forward through the setup because I want to get to the juicy stuff.
I think it's a testament to your skill that even though there is so little action I hang on to practically every sentence.

If the thing hadn't worked, wouldn't he have known upon removing it? I mean, there is no other way one of these things wouldn't work, other than ripping, is there? So he would have noticed, no?
Well ordinary yes, but Clark isn’t exactly that. If you go by Byrne's post crisis pseudo-scientific explanation every cell in his body projects a force field, which is the main reason for his indestructibility. This would assumingly go for the sperm cells too. Which would mean that they would have little trouble perforating rubber or concrete, on a microscopic level.

Interspecies copulation seldom results in pregnancies, which Clark likely would know (even though in the series at this stage he isn’t sure of his alien origin.)

“Well...no, I wouldn’t say that either,” Jimmy said with a grin. “More like I’ve been bitten so often I’ve kind of stopped noticing it.
As understand it Lois goes easy on Jimmy because she doesn't consider him a threat.

He’d said she was beautiful. He’d said Lois was beautiful, with no reference to Wanda Detroit.
To me Lois was aware of her attractiveness, she plays on it repeatedly to get her way. I don’t think she would be stunned by a man appreciating her looks, her bad self confidence comes from not believing that any man really could want HER under the surface, the grouchy, feminist, workholic that barely can cook her own meals.

Edit: that was also something I liked in "IIWY", when Lois comes to Clark's apartment claiming that she is scared of Lex; Clark can't tell if she truly is scared or only manipulating him.

I do know you, and I know you wouldn't lie... at least to me...most of the time...