So I was reading your story all wrong, was I, Yvonne? Well, it was because you said that 'Superman Returns' inspired it. In that movie - indeed, in that movie and in all the Christopher Reeve movies, too - Superman truly was the real person and Clark was the disguise. So when you mentioned SR, I automatically thought that you wrote about such a Superman. One reason why I chose to read it like that is because I find such a Superman mystifying, and I thought it would be interesting to see how you portrayed his emotions, his motivations and his personality.

Of course, if Clark is the real person here, none of what I was picturing here is true. Well, clearly your story has been inspired by 'Superman Returns' in more ways than one, though, since Jonathan dies before Lois knows that Clark is Superman. (Perhaps you got your inspiration from 'Smallville'? Okay, but 'Smallville' got its inspiration from the movies. Jonathan died in the very first Christopher Reeve movie, when Clark was about eighteen years old.)

I like your story better if Clark is the real person. I'm going to imagine that he chooses to trust Lois after being comforted by her like this.

Ann