Well, it's pretty exciting to have posted a new story after so long an absence, and very nice indeed to find all these people willing to read it and post feedback.

Jen, thanks, and I really hope you feel better soon. That procedure you had to undergo must have been pretty scary.

Clasicalla - thank you, and I shall confess here that I've been sneakily following your current story on the boards without posting feedback. I definitely owe you some words. I doubt I'll write an epilogue or anything else to follow on from this. One of the nice things about a story like this is that it allows you to invent your own consequences to what has happened so far, and I think I'd rather leave it open like that. Have fun day-dreaming, people. smile

Lovesuper97, thank you. smile

Mrs Mosely, Ann and Irene, the moment in SR which inspired this story is so insignificant, you probably won't even remember it. I can't even tell you exactly when or where it occurs in the film. All I can say is that Lois is hugging Superman, possibly at the Daily Planet, and comments to him that "you feel warm". It's a quiet, intimate moment between them and I think one or other of them may have felt a little upset about something.

Chris, Laura, Jackie, Rivka, and Irene - thanks. I already answered the question about writing more. laugh

Ann, thanks for the lengthy feedback. However, the point of the story isn't to show Superman as the real person. The reason Clark came to Lois as Superman is pure practicality: she knows that Clark left for Smallville just that morning, so he can't suddenly appear to her as Clark the same evening without her wanting to know how he got back so quickly. However, he's desperately upset over his father's death and wants - aches - for Lois's comfort and so, even though he knows he can't confide fully in her as Superman, he goes to her as Superman because that's the only way he can without jeapoardising The Secret. His appearance at her window on this night is an act of utter desperation and desolation. Of course, he'd rather go to her as Clark - Clark can have all the hugs and sympathy he needs; Clark can be vulnerable and emotional.

Whatever the reason, to this Superman his secret is more important than anything else.
No, he's just automatically doing what he's always done - ie protect the secret - while he's dealing with something else that's overwhelming his emotions and his thinking processes. Then, at the end, his guilt, his distress, his desire to be honest with Lois and to continue the sharing process he's begun with her tonight, makes him reveal just a little more of the real Clark Kent to her. He does it in a way that also gives her a morsel of comfort for when she realises that Jonathan, whom she knew and liked, is dead.

Anyway, thanks for the speculative feedback. Some things you got wrong; some you got right. smile

Yvonne