Okay, while I still think this is a cool story, I gotta say it's kinda bugging me that others judged Clark like that. Him judging himself is interesting, but I feel like the fact that Lana was practically family for him had a lot to do with his attraction to her. And if Lois can trace a lot of her feelings on weight back to her upbringing, I think it's safe to say Clark should be able to as well. If he does have a beauty hang up I think a lot of that would have to do with the fact that he grew up with the picture perfect Langs. Not only are they 1) beauty consious but 2) they're also image consious, and Clark would've been desperate to be perfect in that way since his special circumstances aren't ideal in so many ways. And while I'm not saying guys and girls are judged on the same scale by any stretch of the imagination, Jonathan's not your typical calendar pinup, but his family loved his stability, wisdown, loyalty and love. I think the fact that Alt-Clark didn't grow up with that for so very long should be noted.

It is interesting to see the flip though. Our Clark looked past Cat in bikinis throwing herself at him to mean Lois in boxy suits and fell in love, while all she could see was the god in tights. I would think Alt-Clark is similar in that he 1) knows all about appearances being deceiving 2) is more concerened with lonliness than loveliness and 3) has been burnt by a good-looking significant other himself.