Hi, thanks for coming out of the "lurking" closet, Blackmamuth!

I agree that Lois would question Clark's motives, and I thought I had covered that in this section:
Lois was completely stunned at this wonderful offer. “You’re kidding, right? Omigod, you’re serious. You would buy me clothes and take me to Paris?? Really? Why? Do you feel sorry for me or something?”

Clark had to laugh out loud. “Ms. Lane, the pleasure will be all mine, I can assure you. And you are someone to admire, not to feel sorry for. Look at all of the great things you’ve done here in the last two years. When you win the love of children, that’s the greatest accomplishment that there is.”

<Wow. This can’t be happening. And I can’t even call Mom and Lucy to tell them about this! Superman – this wonderful man – wants to take *me* - fat Lois Lane – to Paris!> Her eyes glistened, missing her mother and even her perfect sister terribly.

“Superman,”

“Please, my name is Clark,”

“Clark – the last time a good-looking man like you took me to dinner – well he stole my story and then made me the laughing stock of the office. I’m sorry if I’m suspicious. It’s just my nature, I guess,” Lois admitted.

“Claude Michaud,” Clark spit out. “He’s an idiot.”

“You know him? Of course, you know him. You work with him. Didn’t he tell you that I was fat?”

“Lois, all anyone would tell me about you was that you were a great investigative reporter and a really hard worker. That’s it,” Clark replied. It was the truth. “That’s why I was carrying the wrong picture around with me for so long,” he admitted, still misleading her unintentionally. “And I’m certainly not going to steal anything from you. I can learn a lot from you, I’m sure. If you decide to go back to the States, I would hope we could team up on a few stories. With joint bylines, of course. Your name on top,” he said with a sly smirk.
But if you think more should be added there please let me know. My thinking is that Lois knows that Clark works at the Daily Planet and she figures that Perry put him up to it....since they have a common employer, and well..he IS Superman...she's letting her guard down abit. Her self-esteem issues will continue to rear their ugly head as we go along, however....most definitely!

thanks for the feedback!

Chris

"Together we are stronger than each of us is apart"