I'm disappointed that he would prefer the certainty of losing Lois over the possibility of disobeying a rule which has been interpretated quite differently in different times and different cultures.
It may well have been. But the fact is that Clark and Lois live in a culture which does consider an incestuous relationship between brother and sister one of the great taboos and so it doesn't surprise me at all that if they were to be sister and brother that that would effectively kill any hope of them having anything other than a sibling relationship.

Given who Clark is, the culture he lives in, the way he's been brought up etc, I can't see him reacting any way but the way he does here and I don't see that reaction as denoting that he cares any the less for Lois. Quite the opposite, given how devastated he is - how devastated they both are - by the dreadful possibility that they may be so closely related.

In fact, I'd go so far to say that if he'd reacted any other way, if he and Lois were to find definite proof that they were siblings and said, to hang with it, let's get married anyway, I'd find that completely OOC for the characters. I just could never see them responding that way to such a revelation.

So it's probably fortunate that I'm pinning my hopes on Janet not being so cruel and giving us a happy ending. <G>

Right, Janet? Huh? Yeah, yeah, I know...RAFO! laugh

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers