I loved this part, just like I've loved all the previous ones. Please forgive me for doing little or no quoting this time, however. But I absolutely loved the incredibly intense emotions you built and built in this chapter. Lois's hopes, her fears, her frozen indecision (again), her panicked babbling - I loved that! And Clark's shock at the realization that he and Lois could actually be brother and sister, and Lois's horror when she, too, realized this possibility. The whole chapter was an emotional rollercoaster ride.

But - honestly, Janet, if Lois and Clark are indeed siblings, then so what? They are the last of their kind. They are male and female. They are a little like Adam and Eve, and Eve was, arguably, *more* than a sister to Adam. Besides, according to Genesis, Abraham and Sarah were indeed brother and sister. Just check out Genesis 20:12, if you don't believe me. If Abraham and Sarah could get married (and have a son who became one of the Patriarchs) even though they were *really* brother and sister, why shouldn't Lois and Clark be able to marry, too?

Don't get me wrong. *Of course* I don't like the idea of an incestuous marriage very much. Perhaps this very suspicion would fester and rot their relationship. Of course I would so, so much rather find proof that Lois and Clark are *not* siblings. And honestly, I believe that you are going to show us that proof eventually.

But I'm sure it's going to be both painful and totally fascinating to see Lois and Clark try to deal with this new situation.

Ann