Wow, such a nice response! I've been smiling for days now smile

I'm sorry to have scared you with the idea that I had stopped writing -- it never even occurred to me that anyone might think that. For the record, I don't do big flouncy farewells. It's too embarrassing, later, when you change your mind. Sometimes I go for long periods without being inspired for L&C fic, but I never know when I'll get interested again.

On the other hand, I meant to scare you with the idea that Lois was leaving Clark goofy I'm glad you like the first person present-tense POV -- it's unusual and some people hate it, but it does give a "you are there" feeling that you can't get otherwise. It's also quite useful in tricking the reader wink

Thanks for posting, Onaleia. It may not look like much but it's definitely better than nothing, and I appreciate that. smile

When I first heard the title yesterday, I went, "uh oh, that sounds ominous." I should know by now that you would have a happy ending.
Yes, Roger, you should know that by now! But that's okay; I worked hard to worry you.

Cute story but sad.
Maria, glad you found it cute, sorry you found it sad... but it's an alt-universe fic, and they're kind of sad by definition, since Clark's life was so entirely re-arranged.

I often wondered at the end of the third segment how that relationship would really work out with them so in the public eye. I like the wrap up. Sad as it is to see Clark Kent and Lois Lane cease to exist, they are, after all, just names.
Yeah, Rachel -- like Lois, I'd hoped it would work out, but such is life. Err, fiction.

Thanks, Wendy, for taking time out of your busy vacation schedule to read and post! smile Hope you and the gang are having a fabulous time!

Tricia, I *love* getting comments from you, since you're so encouraging. Thanks!

SNL, the "chief" part actually was a play on "chief editor," way back when, but I'm glad you think it still applies! laugh And I'm not ruling out another story, but nothing's clicking for me yet.

Sorry, the first couple of lines just sprang to my mind and wouldn't leave until I finished my fdk in this fashion
ROFL, Anna -- I think that's the most creative feedback I've ever gotten! And thanks for the kind words/lyrics!

Pam, this was a great solution for our AltClark and his Lois Lane. A whole new start. Knowing those two, they will make it everywhere!
That's what I figured, Ursie. This is a Lois with some experience at the "secret identity" thing, after all. And I like being different... there for a while, I didn't see any point in continuing this series, when Nan was doing such a good job with her alt-universe stories. So I was happy to think of a new direction to go in.

Thanks again to all of you for commenting; it's reassuring to know I can still please a crowd smile

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K