Wow...

My heart is still racing a bit, Ann! That was wonderfully romantic!!!! *sigh*

I should be doing homework, but I couldn't not read your first story... and I'm a sucker for waffy, romantic stuff. smile1 He's gonna tell her!! He took off his glasses and he's going to tell her!!

It was wrapped in something big, red, and silky. A piece of silky red cloth. A cape.

Superman's cape.
OMG! He really *is* going to tell her!!! hyper

His eyes searched hers. What was that expression in them? Fear? Yes... they were fearful. Begging. Pleading with her.
Awwww!!! Poor Clark!

"I always wanted to be Clark to you, Lois."
This line, Ann... stopped me dead in my tracks. That is... just perfect. And I'll swear I *heard* him whisper it. Perfect. *melts into a waffy puddle of goo*

He almost jumped, reminding her of a splendid stag, magnificent but skittish, ready to bolt.
Beautiful sentence!!! And it describes Clark perfectly! clap Brava!!!

I meant to tell you long ago when you mentioned in one of your AFTS feedback posts that English wasn't your first language. I was stunned. You have a terrific command of the language *and* grammar. I wouldn't have guessed if you hadn't said anything.

Now... as for this story... It deserves a great title! Maybe another line from the poem that's fitting?

Anyway, I just wanted to congratulate you on posting your first story, and also for having written such a brilliantly waffy vignette! It put a smile on my face, something I sorely needed. smile

Sara smile

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.