Support for IE9 and IE10 has already been killed for everything but Windows Vista (IE9) and Windows Server 2012 (IE10). IE11 is here to stay for the next decade or so. Right now, IE11 is working better than Firefox on the boards and there doesn't need to be an issue with which modern browser is being used with the boards. They don't use anything modern like latest generation HTML5 features.

Clearing the cache again won't help if things fail immediately after the login when you already started out with no cookies and a cleared cache.

I'm really crossing my fingers here for a fix on the server side, otherwise FoLCs will not be able to post as they used to and that would be bad for our community. Me, personally, I've been using Firefox for the past decade or more and I don't want to switch to Chrome or IE just to use the boards. OTOH, my Windows Phone uses IE and that one worked great till the upgrade and only logged me out occasionally since. It's only the past two days that things started to get crazy. You mentioned something about a server reboot and some related problems on the other thread?

I just tried to use a user agent switcher for Firefox but it didn't help, which is odd and apparently there is more to this than just the user agent header.

Is there something else we can do to help with supporting/fixing this situation?

huh Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.