Oh, Wendy.

“Clark? The hospital just called. They want Lois there as soon as possible.” It was Perry.
Here I was, thinking I was so smart because everything HAS to be smooth-sailing from here on end, right? Wrong! goofy

Do something for me. Make sure you get a decent partner.
I thought she meant for him to marry someone else. :p

At least now, though, no-one would dispute his right to be with her, by her side, right up to the end and beyond.
The "beyond" says so much to me...it so clearly means that he'll love her forever and probably end up depressed over her death for as long as he lives, and that he'll never be the same again. whinging

I don’t want another partner. If I can’t have you, then Perry will just have to understand that I’ll work alone from now on. Or I’ll quit.
He can't just quit and drop everything in his life! How do everyone else in the world get by and survive after they experience something like this?

“Be careful,” he hissed at the staff member in question.
I love how his gentle farmboyness fades into protective lover-mode when it comes to the well-being of Lois. This is a side to Clark we rarely get to see.

“God, Lois!” Desperation seized him. He covered her lips with his, tasted salt and realised that he was crying.

Not now. Not yet. Please, not yet...

There was so much he hadn’t told her. So many things to talk about. So much to show her. It couldn’t be over, not now, not yet...
whinging whinging whinging

A few more minutes. That was all. Please, just a few more minutes, an hour...
Begging for just a few more minutes and then an hour...that must be exactly how someone feels when they're watching someone they love die. frown

Holy cow. I will not be able to function properly until I read the last part of this.

Chriscy