Thanks for posting during this hard and trying time. Good luck on your move.

It's so great that James and the Kents make Clark choose what's best for him! He's always doing what's best for everyone else; it's about time he consider what HE wants out of life. Not even Lois let's Clark choose what's best for himself; she always makes this decision for him. I don't know how many people will believe that Clark and his family has been allowing Superman to use Clark's identity (wondering how he's going to spin that story), but the robot will have be just enough different so that criminals think twice about using Clark's friends as Superman bait. I wouldn't be surprised if they tested Clark once or twice or thrice (or more) just to make sure. Does the robot Superman fly or just the hologram?

So, Clark didn't tell Lois what he's about to do. Fitting, since she didn't tell him that she was about to out him. Will she and Perry think that this slap to their faces (and the DPs) will make them even? Won't Lois being "wrong" about Clark tarnish her reputation as a reporter, Perry's reputation as her editor, and the DPs reputation for publishing said article? Or is he going to say that they were in on the switcheroo the entire time?

Interesting that Lois excuses her actions by believing it would be better that she outed Clark before Trask could. I don't see how that was better when Clark wasn't in on the whole revelation. Perhaps it is the knowing that she wasn't any better than Trask that made Lois force her hand in writing her resignation.

Emotional journey, but I haven't expected any less since reading your first story. What twists do you have for us during these last few parts, I wonder.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.