I love the parallels from the beginning. From Clark not being able to touch anyone out of fear of breaking them with his shaking hands to cradling the paper thin hand of his father. He's only thinking of how his father taught him control and how to be careful, but it was the gift of hope, in the form of Lois, who healed his shaking.

Yes. Lois is absolutely correct that Superman needs some time off as Clark Kent to regroup and be able to be Superman again. And since Superman isn't talking to anyone, I find it interesting that he asks her how he should respond to people questioning him taking time for himself. He isn't responding to them anyway, even if he does hear their questions. He may not be human but nor is he a robot. In this way, Clark is an introvert. He needs time to himself, to be his true (CK) self, to have the (emotional) strength to be Superman.

I like what Lois says about Superman being an example for others:
You tell them you help us because you believe there’s a hero in each of us and we can all do the same. You tell them that you are inspired by them and that if you are not there, then you trust everyone else to help out. You tell them that maybe they made you into a symbol, but you’re a person too.
No wonder she's such a temptation for Clark NOT to be Superman. How can he resist such sweet words?

I'm glad Lois caught sight of him (I like the allusion to Lois hearing HIS heartbeat), so that he couldn't slink back into the night like that Bat from Gotham. Everyone needs cookies and time with friends. smile

I'm still waiting for you to drop the other boot.

Originally Posted by Anti-K
I don't know that I could ever do a romantic comedy -- though I thank you for the vote of confidence! smile -- because comedy is HARD.
Is it? Sometimes I think drama is the harder of the two because of the emotional toll is takes on the writer. You write good funny banter, and I know you can do romance. Perhaps you could start with another WAFFy romance and work your way up to rom-com. We, readers, aren't too picky. wink

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.