Lois, who was going to live after all, now that they’d found Griffin’s vial.
Right. Pigs are flying outside my window.
goofy She doesn't need any more ideas put into her head!

Look at all this doom and gloom in your feedback folder, Wendy! I'm sure you didn't intend this effect, right? Right? Wendy?

Seriously, the emotions in this section are so intense! We're careening from the heights of joy and relief to the depths of dispair and grief.

And Clark almost lost it - probably the closest he would ever come to causing harm to someone. He's desperate to save her, and desperately worried that he won't be able to, that she'll die. And he's angry, too - at himself for failing to save her or prevent this (not that he could have, but you know how Clark is) - and at Griffin.

The hired assassin almost made history here, as the guy Superman incinerated.

And Lois - also in the absolute depths of grief and despair, and feeling so ill and frail and mentally clouded - is the one who saves Clark from the fate of forever knowing he killed a man out of rage. She could never have been faulted for failing to stop Superman - after all, she's faced with imminent death and is so ill that she could be forgiven for being focused only on herself. But she pulls herself out of that long enough to see what's possibly about to happen, and to stop it.

Remember the other thing you're so good at, besides angst? You know, WAFFs? I suppose it's too much to ask that the remaining parts are all just WAFFy scenes, huh?

~Toc

TicAndToc :o)

------

"I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three."
-Elayne Boosler