Lois hung up before this message got any worse. She didn’t know who that person was who had just left a message, but it sure as heck didn’t sound like her.
Maybe it’s the frog DNA slowing transforming her?

The apartment suddenly seemed quiet, apart from the hum of the dryer. Too quiet. She ran into her bedroom, stuffed some of her folded clothes from her bed into an overnight bag, grabbed her purse off her dresser, and returned to the living room.
Oh dear. Is she going to leave the dryer on and the machine will catch fire and burn down her apartment and the rest of the building, too?

It dinged, announcing its arrival, before she reached it, so she turned quickly and went down the stairs, not wanting to meet whoever it might be.
Like the obligatory serial killer visiting her?

and shop for a swimsuit for Clark,
Red briefs?

This is my fifteen minutes and I’m not sharing it,”
Hoping to score some local tail from his interview?

“Fame is overrated,” Clark replied. “And the only glory I desire is the self-worth I feel at having done a good job, having helped people, and the chance to get criminals off the street.”
And yet he dresses up in primary colors, gives interviews, and does poses for the ladies-folk.

“It’s going to take a whole heck of a lot to get Luthor off the street, now,” Jimmy guffawed, holding up his hands as if to indicate that he knew it was a bad joke. That didn’t stop his laughter.
Nah, some hard rain or maybe a firehose and you’re good.

“The man’s dead,” Clark said somberly.
Hence the jolly mood all around.

He had never laughed at another’s death and he wouldn’t start now. He wouldn’t rejoice.
The man basically made a home movie of himself and a fiancée and published it on vinetube.

Clark was lucky that he hadn’t needed to choose whether he should rescue him. One less person in the world like Lex Luthor would make his life easier.
[Linked Image] What if other crime bosses also ‘got the urge’ to jump off the top floor of some skyscraper or other?

He was a power-hungry, control freak
[Linked Image] ,

and, he didn’t care
[Linked Image] ,

His brow furrowed. He opened his mouth to ask Jimmy exactly how he could have been able to ‘get some’ if his girlfriend had been engaged to another man for months.
[Linked Image]

Lois wouldn’t appreciate the implication of the statement,
He does realize that they quite frequently made out while she was engaged to another man. And the only reason they hadn’t ended up in her bed was because of Lois’s big brother.

including during sex, any of which broken would have been grounds for her dumping him in an instant.
So, no superhuman feats?
LANA: My fiancé really sucks in bed.

He was bound and determined not to have this ruin his life. It wouldn’t take months, let alone years, before he felt comfortable in Lois’s presence again.
I suddenly sense quite a parallel to how Lana felt about Clark. I wonder if Clark is going to go all Lana on Lois. Like forbid her from ever calling out Lex’s name in the throes of their passion. Or do him on the living room couch. Or in their bedroom. Or be topless in front of him.

From the bushes appeared Annalee Cooke, mudslinger for the local WLEX station, and because she was on television she had her cameraman with her.
Is that why female reporters usually carry mace in their purses?

Annalee had followed, taking Lois’s snide comment as encouragement. “Are you angry at Lex Luthor for his apparent suicide before your wedding vows could be spoken, therefore leaving you penniless?”
I wonder if the microphone might fit into a human mouth…

chocolate ice cream, she had picked
[Linked Image] ,

She took four huge scoops out of ice cream
[Linked Image] The ‘out’ and the ‘of’ don’t sound like they go together…

putting them into the bowl, and then stuck the bowl into her freezer.
laugh

When it had melted, she poured the topping into the hole of her half-gallon container and covered it with whipped cream from a can, and nuts.
clap
LOIS: What? I’m no longer engaged, my boyfriend’s off in Vegas doing who knows whom, and thus am I not entitled to fudging?

She topped it off with a crushed Double Fudge Crunch Bar she had stomped on with her shoe.
shock

Her mother who had once placed Sam Lane’s name down there with the devil
Well…she needed a slot for Lex’s name?

Or, as Lois’s mother had put it, “Lois’s failed marriage to Lex Luthor.”
rotflol

Lois had been sent home!

Unneeded.

Unwanted.
Would she have preferred to sleep in the living room, listening to her parents getting ‘re-aquiented’?

She didn’t really want to eat chocolate.
shock The frog DNA has already taken over! Quick, someone x-ray her ancle.

Could she talk to Clark without somehow letting him know that Luthor was still alive, she was freaking out about it, or making him feel guilty for taking care of himself for once?
Wouldn’t it be awkward if Lex broke into her apartment this very night and carried Lois off to the arc, but left a Lois-clone behind? Okay, you said no clones, so maybe a dead body of the fake Lois. They could use acid to mangle her face just enough to hide the reconstructive scars?

Lois stuck another spoonful of chocolate goo into her mouth as she weighed her options, once more.
She could first eat the sundae then go out running off the sugar high?

Also, frumpy Lois sounds adorable!

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.