WENDY MIDDLENAME(IFYOUHAVEONE) RICHARDS! Get back here right this instant!!! mad

How can you do this to me??? Between lines like this:
“You recognise him at all?”

She shook her head. “Not that I know. He’d disguised his voice...”
And this:
“Did you get a trace on the call or not?”

Henderson blew out a breath. “No. They were almost there - another few seconds would’ve done it.”
I am going nuts, which I'm sure is the point - to see how many of your readers have to be institutionalized before you post the next ELEVEN parts... omg, I can't do it. I can't hang on that long! I mean, I will and everything (assuming I don't get committed over this), but it's a lot to ask. razz

Okay, so all I have to say about this part is "wow". And by that I mean WOW. This was just filled with so many amazing things (and I for one definitely appreciated the length!!!)

Clark figuring out it was in a shopping mall... by the harbor... well, that was brilliant. Henderson suggesting he listen to the tape, and then that at least paying off (you threw us - and them - a bone and I thank you for that) was great. I loved how he could hone in on the different music tracks (I realize I should never be a cop/detective/investigative journalist or anything of that nature because I thought he was in a weird disco or something!! blush )

Screw the first amendment - if tapping her phone could catch this bastard then she was all for it. If they were able to trace the call...

Then she’d have a chance to live.
SO Lois. Love it! thumbsup And I'm glad that she recognizes there are ways, even if she thinks them slim, for her to live.

I love how you show that even in the midst of this god-awful day with everything going on, they are both thinking about each other, acting in ways that show us (and them) how they know each other better than they know themselves. EXAMPLES smile

another few seconds would’ve done it.”

“Damn.” The word came out softly. “Don’t tell Lois - she’s feeling bad enough as it is.”
Reluctantly, he stayed where he was. He couldn’t coddle her. Much as he wanted to wrap her up in cotton wool and make sure she couldn’t do anything to hurt or over-exert herself, this was Lois. She wouldn’t appreciate it.
There was no need to tell him about this. He’d only worry, and he’d obsess about having forced her to eat. He’d think it was his fault.
They're very in tune with one another. I LOVE IT! laugh

I’ve listened to it - this is one sick bastard.” The inspector’s expression was coldly furious.
I love how without spelling it out and without wasting time, you show how much Henderson really cares. And this man is really putting on his A-game today, which is great, because L&C are a little too involved to focus (as we see when Clark continuously chastises himself for not doing this and not doing that...)

Henderson wanted him to super-listen - to see if he could detect any background noises, anything that might give them clues as to where the guy was located. Quickly, he nodded. “Yeah. I should have thought of that.
It was entirely possible that the guy was watching them, something he should have thought of himself.
Was shaking a symptom of ricin? Why hadn’t he read up on this stuff?
I know I'm nearly just reposting your whole section, but I can't help it. Like I said, this was wow. Just a reference to the parts that broke my heart in two:

Lois shook her head. “I... I’m still drawing a c... complete blank. I really don’t think h... he’s anyone I ever met.”

Her whole body was shaking. Ice-cold chills ran through him. He stood behind her, placing his hands on her shoulders. She leaned back against him, and after a few moments the tremors stopped.
I love that he has that effect on her! That he can comfort her so much (and that she willingly lets him) as she's falling apart!
“Lois, honey, you are our top reporter. Three Kerths in the last three years. Of course the big boys upstairs think you’re valuable.” His lip curled sardonically. “At least, that’s the type of argument they listen to.
Aw, Perry! smile

She reached out and squeezed his arm - or tried to; for some reason, she couldn’t get her fingers to obey her brain’s command very effectively. “Thanks, Perry.” Before she embarrassed herself again, she turned to Clark.
This is so sad! She is losing control and she's embarassed which is sad, but so human! So real. Especially for someone like her that doesn't easily admit to weaknesses. Nice thumbsup
All the time she’d wasted... all those months when she’d treated him as if he was beneath her notice. Or a convenient lapdog. Except he’d never been a lapdog; not really. He’d always let her know when he wasn’t happy with her. It was just that most of the time he’d gone along with what she wanted.

He’d crept under her guard and, before she’d known it, he’d become a friend. A close friend. The best friend she’d ever had.

And now, when it was too late, the truth was finally clear. He - as Clark, not as Superman - was the most important person in her life.
Mush. Seriously. I'm mush! Wendy!!!!

Okay, just one more. The line that broke me, made me a goner:
“You’ll stay with me till the end, won’t you? Don’t let my parents or the doctors make you leave. Promise?”
Excellent, Wendy. As upset as I clearly am that you've gone away and won't post most likely for a few days, I will tell you that. This was EXCELLENT! And I demand more! NOW!

smile smile

~NICOLE

ps- between you and me (and anyone else reading this folder), what's the poison, who's the killer? wink