'Wow' never seems to be able to cover it, but... it's the only thing I can think to say.

Wow.

And thank you! To everyone who replied, your comments, theories, and threats brightened my whole week! smile

Originally posted by MissyG:
But Lois! She was so understanding and so gentle to break the truth to him, and when he said she wished it were true, my heart nearly stopped!!
Now that's a sign that something worked... your readers go into cardiac arrest!

Can you believe that line almost didn't make the cut for the rewrite? Thank you for pointing it out - it's one of my favourites. smile

Originally posted by Wendymr:
Shame they weren't still wearing the rings they had for cover in HIM...
Oh yes, that would have made things much more interesting. <EG>

Originally posted by Meerkat:
Your writing of their emotions, especially Clark's (which we feel firsthand) is just amazing.
Thank you! smile

Originally posted by groobie:
I still have an ache in the pit of my stomach - I can't believe how much your words actually physically touched me!
Wow! That's an enormous compliment! Thanks, Susan! smile

Originally posted by rivka:
Except the next time I get you alone in IRC, I will be quiet and let you write!
Nah, you don't really want to do that. <g>

Originally posted by Shadow:
/me makes a low groan. Oh noooo. Seriously, I just said that.
I love you.

Originally posted by Capes:
I'm SO excited.
I love you, too.

Originally posted by Poussin:
Okay, you win. I'm crying, now. That scene is so sad, and so powerful.
And you. laugh

Originally posted by Nicole S:
Yet I don't want him to learn the truth, because his dreams are so sweet and hopeful, capturing that early season 1 Clark Kent that is just so endearing. That dreamer. Ahh... okay moving on now...
Nicole... I really love you. <g> Your comments just blew me away. Thank you! smile

Originally posted by TicAndToc:
But here - here's a man that is terribly distraught that they're not married - married! A forever thing. And then - then he reacts with real grief when he realizes there's no baby. Almost unable to comprehend, she tentatively asks him how he felt - was he... actually happy about a baby?? And she gets a reply she probably never anticipated she would ever hear from a man. Grief - real and intense grief - that it isn't true.
I wanted to quote your whole post, Janet, but this bit... sloppy

That's exactly what I was hoping people would interpret from Lois's reaction. That, not only was she already vulnerable in ASU, but being told all that... If I weren't already married... six times... <g>

Now... <g>

Normally, I like to let people draw their own conclusions - makes the story a tad more interactive, but...

Originally posted by Laurach:
So is Clark remembering a future that hasn't happened yet?
No. smile

Originally posted by ChaaBreh:
Here's an over the top theory:

This is a Clark from an alternate universe where he and Lois are married. The explosion sent him into the alt-world where he and Lois aren't married.
That *would* be interesting, but no. smile

Of course that means that OUR Clark was sent into a world where he's married to Lois and she's pregnant with their baby. I bet that's one happy Clark Kent!!!!!
Wouldn't it? <g>

That does sound a little like Zoomway's excellent Counter Clark-Wise .

Originally posted by Meerkat:
The alternate universe theory certainly sounds possible, or maybe there's some sort of H.G. Wells shenanigans about to happen?
Boy, that theory sure is popular. <g>

But no, there are no Altworlds, no future Clarks and definately no H. G. Wells - he's far too busy basking in the sucess of his book turned movie 'War of the Worlds'. <g>

There's only one really messed up guy. Clark's "memories" are fake. Based around fantasies he's had and real moments in the series.

And finally...

Originally posted by Sheila:
Please post more than once per week, seeing that you have probably written a significant amount of the story.
Actually... Part 4 isn't written. I'm hoping that some gentle nudges might spur me on. smile

Now... after that I need a little break, but part 3 is coming up soon.

Dave (who wonders if he should worry he gets so much pleasure from failing hearts <g>)

'I just kind of died for you;
You just kind of stared at me'
- Aurora, Foo Fighters