Wow, this is so good!! And you sort of snuck that revelation in there, didn't you? After Clark's decision earlier that he'd tell her if it got to be too late to avoid damage (or death whinging ) I sure didn't expect that he'd just up and tell her.

And yet - how could he not? This isn't about him, it's about using every resource they have to fix this before it's too late. I, too, don't like Lex at all and don't like to see him involved, but these two - Lois and Clark - are smart. They're doing an end-run around the completely normal lab situation.

That's how it really is. You just can't get a lab test as fast as they're expecting. Even the doctor, no matter what he or she may say, has no control over lab staff shortages and backlogs. Even 'expedited' rarely means hours - it usually means exactly what the lab worker told Lois - you get to the front of the line but it'll still take a few days. Days they just don't have.

From Lois's point of view, Lex is a powerful and rich man who can pull strings. Why not use him? Clark has inside knowledge of the man's true nature, but again, why not use him? No matter how much you don't want to. And I agree - this isn't Lex. Not his style.

However angry about Clark's deception Lois might normally be, she has been showing so far that she needs him, needs his support. She's going to quickly look past the Superman stuff, I think, because she needs her friend Clark more than she needs Superman. That is, she needs Superman for his special abilities that might help solve this - but she needs Clark to help her continue to be strong through this whole thing. Again - whinging

~Toc

TicAndToc :o)

------

"I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three."
-Elayne Boosler