Okay, I just finished season 8 of Smallville last night and I have to say it was quite a roller coaster. I've divided up the Smallville seasons here because some people have told me that S9-S10 were more LnC-ish than the first 8 seasons of Smallville were. (And because I haven't watched them yet.)

PLEASE, only spoilers for Seasons 1-8 in this thread. We can start another thread of Seasons 9-10, but I have still to watch them and, luckily bought them for myself for my birthday, so hopefully it won't be too long. laugh

What are you thoughts on the first 8 seasons of Smallville? Which are your favorite seasons? What did you like? What did you hate? What questions it they leave you with? What plot holes were the worst? What were your favorite / least favorite villains, visiting characters, or cameos? Which were your favorite episodes? Which made no sense whatsoever? (ie. S7 Finale fits that bill for me.)

I would have to say S4-6 were pretty good. I got a bit sick of the meteor rock infested in S1-3, and all the plot holes and Clark's obsession with Lana in S7-8.

I liked the dichotomy between Clark and Davis in S8. I believe it would have been more interesting though, if Davis had been modeled in appearance after Clark, perhaps kind of a Bizarro clone of Clark, showing that without his background of love with the Kents, he could have turned into a serial killing monster.

Poor Chloe's character was all over the place in S8. Although, I'm glad they brought her and Jimmy back together at the end of S8. I knew she had only gone off with Davis to protect Clark, but she was also had a weird attraction to him.

IolantheAlias has aptly nicknamed the Lana arc in the middle of S8 as the WTF arc. razz BOOOOOOOOOOO!! razz

The ending to S7 where Lois tells Clark to apply at the DP as an intern because he needs to "get a life" is a kick in the face to the Kents and their farming lifestyle. The fact that the DP would want as an intern a guy would didn't finish his freshman year in college is pretty amazing. It's not like there were other, better qualified, journalism students out there or anything. :rolleyes:

I was disappointed that Lex (Michael Rosenbaum) left the show in S8. I really enjoyed the give in take between the two guys; showing how Clark becomes a hero and Lex a villain. In that way, I'm glad they brought Davis in. He better filled the hole from Lex's departure than Tess did.

Although, I have to say, I'm still interested to see where they'll be taking Tess's character in S9, because she's still of an enigma. I'm also curious who this guy created from the Candor sphere will be. Being that he almost came from underground, my first thought was that he's the reincarnation of Doomsday, but I doubt they'll bring him back in S9.

It's been fun seeing the birth of the Justice League with Oliver Queen, et al. Although, I have to agree with Clark that killing Lex was the wrong choice for Oliver to make. (Plus, I thought that Lex's death in this fashion was pretty weak.)

More later! I can't believe that nobody has started this discussion before me, because I know many of you have watched this show.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.