A wonderful wonderful wonderful part, Wendy!

She turned her head, buried her face against Clark’s shoulder and clung to him. To the tiny, faint shred of hope that, together, the two of them might yet manage to find a solution.

That maybe, just maybe, this might not be the last day of her life.
I love this image of her clinging to him. This story is set in that wonderful time where Lois always tries to maintain that she doesn't need anyone, and this moment she is clinging desperately to hope, which is in the form of Clark. Of the two of them. Stronger together wink as always.

On his first outing as Superman, he’d found her holding a ticking bomb. In his first week in the role, he’d saved her life at least three times...It was different at a time like this, when the threat was hanging over her like a ticking bomb.
Love the parallels here about Lois's fear and ticking bombs... poignant and a perfect metaphor for the situation. Two very different situations, two very different sides of Lois's complex personality, presented with the same imagery... thumbsup nice touch.

Also loved Henderson's comment about the perp not being okay. Perfect Henderson, and a called-for comment, given that this is Lois he's talking about! laugh

So... I'm just dying over here. I'm with these guys, I see that a revelation MUST be coming up somewhere. I mean, he HAS to tell her! Right? Doesn't he? And she really will have no time to react; it'll all have to be filed away. I love the idea that he could tell her and she pretty much would just have to push it back, accept it super quick, witness his super feats in their mutual race against time, and then just deal with it later. Assuming he tells her. HE HAS TO!!! He'll do what is in her best interest, surely, especially since right now he feels that he's done so much wrong. Right??

Also... I just don't think he'd risk that she could die and not know what he'd been hiding from her all that time. If she died and he he never told her, PLUS his secrecy possibly slowed them down, he might as well sit in a vat of liquidized kryptonite... wink

This story is so fascinating to me. But it's killing me at the same time! What I could really go for is to see you write that thing... you know, about the toys. About putting them back together! I could really go for it right about now. wink

Anyway, please post part 4 soon!! please please please??!!! smile

~NICOLE