I'm hot and being mindless, so here's a poll about the media and other things. I was thinking about the fact that we're all from different areas of the world, and all bring such different things to the table. And if nothing else, maybe I'll get some reading recommendations. wink

1. Do you consider yourself more of a reader, a watcher, or a listener?
2. What is the last book you read/are currently reading?
3. What is a book you have read at least 10 times?
4. What is the last movie you saw in the theater?
5. What is a movie you never get tired of watching?
6. What is the last CD you bought?
7. What magazines do you subscribe to?
8. Do you read the newspaper on a regular basis? If so, which one(s)?
9. What kind of tech gadgets do you own?
10. What is your guilty pleasure Web site?
11. What are three things you can't leave the house without?

My answers:
1. Do you consider yourself more of a reader, a watcher, or a listener? A reader. My love affair with books started before I could even walk, and I read all kinds of stuff, from newspapers to magazines to books in all genres.

2. What is the last book you read/are currently reading? The last book I read is "Firefly Lane" by Kristin Hannah, and I am currently reading "American Wife" by Curtis Sittenfeld.

3. What is a book you have read at least 10 times? "The Nanny Diaries," by Emma McLaughlin and Nicola Kraus. It's so witty and pithy.

4. What is the last movie you saw in the theater? "Sex and the City," last July. I know, I am extremely lame.

5. What is a movie you never get tired of watching? "Miss Congeniality." It never fails to make me laugh.

6. What is the last CD you bought? Josh Groban's "Noel," back in December. I do need to buy a new Heart's greatest hits CD though, because <sob> mine broke.

7. What magazines do you subscribe to? Entertainment Weekly, Parents and Parenting.

8. Do you read the newspaper on a regular basis? If so, which one(s)? I read The Seattle Times and will look at the LA Times and New York Times occasionally.

9. What kind of tech gadgets do you own? A pink Zune, a gray BlackBerry Curve, DVR, two laptops.

10. What is your guilty pleasure Web site? Celebrity Baby Blog. I will openly admit I read it every day.

11. What are three things you can't leave the house without? My BlackBerry, chapstick and my sunglasses. I probably should say my son, but sometimes, god willing, I leave the house without him.

Clark: "You don't even know the meaning of the word 'humility,' do you?"

Lois: "Never had a need to find out its meaning."

"Curiosity... The Continuing Saga"