Since mine was the boring unoriginal avatar, I got inspired!

My new avatar is something that means a lot to me. It's Luke Skywalker from A New Hope when he's standing on Tatooine watching the twin suns set. While he's standing there, John Williams is directing the most beautiful piece of music I've ever heard. It's my favorite song of all time hands down. I can't even tell you how many times I've seen this movie but when that scene comes on, I'm almost moved to tears.

Luke is so naive at this point in his life. He's looking forward to the future and just wondering what his life is going to be like. He feels sort of hopeless about being stuck on Tatooine. This really speaks to me because I remember a time in my life when I had no direction also. I felt frustrated not knowing what I had in store for me but also very optimistic about what the future would hold. Luke learns that the world isn't as black & white as he thought and he struggles through many trials. But in the end, he's a wiser person because of it.

This just speaks to me on so many levels. I imagine this will be my avatar for quite sometime. It's also my wallpaper on my PC. laugh

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always
depend on the support of Paul.

-George Bernard Shaw