I'm just going to comment on the rest of the article.

Can I say how completely PSYCHED I am that Ron and Hermione from Harry Potter got on that list? grumble

In the "Aargh, Aargh, Just Kill Me Now" Department, every time somebody refers to the Romeo/Juliet story as one of the Grand t00by Love Affairs of All Time, it makes me want to bang their heads on the wall repeatedly while shouting " He was on rebound after Juliet's cousin dumped him! She didn't even like being in love with him! They knew each other for all of two days! READ THE FUDGING PLAY!".

I have loved Robin Hood and Maid Marion ever since BBC's Robin of Sherwood, but sucky as the movie was, I loved Sean Connery and Audrey Hepburn's portrayal of them best. Apart from the chemistry, what sold it was Marion's tearful admission at Robin's deathbed after she helped euthanise him: "I love you. More than all you know. I love you more than children. More than fields I've planted with my hands. I love you more than morning prayers or peace or food to eat. I love you more than sunlight, more than flesh or joy, or one more day. I love you... more than God.". BEST LOVE CONFESSION EVER!

Aragron and Arwen, honestly? I think they mean Viggo and Liv Tyler, because Arwen was barely there in the actual book.

Rhett and Scarlett - no surprises there. And yet, such an anti-thesis of the idealized concept of love. Rhett tells Scarlett: "But, Scarlett, did it ever occur to you that even the most deathless love could wear out? Mine wore out against Ashley Wilkes and your insane obstinacy...I wish I could care what you do or where you go, but I can't...My dear, I don't give a damn." Again, one of my favourite romances ever.

The Huxtables - oh yeah. I was convinced for years that they were actually married in real life.

I cannot believe that Elizabeth and Darcy clocked in at 20th place! They should have been in the top five! That's it, this article is a FARCE.

Jack and Innis gets even shorter shrift by checking in at number 25. I am going to write a very strongly worded note to the author. How have they come up with this numbering system?

Hmm. Interesting article. Thanks for linking it! smile

“Is he dead, Lois?”

“No! But I was really mad and I wanted to kick him between the legs and pull his nose off and put out his eyes with a freshly sharpened pencil and disembowel him with a dull letter opener and strangle him with his own intestines but I stopped myself just in time!”
- Further Down The Road by Terry Leatherwood.