I think most of Sheila's comments are very insightful. thumbsup But I disagree with the point about recognizing Clark.

I live in L.A., not far from Hollywood and Beverly Hills. Every year or two, I will happen to see someone or other famous -- at the mall, at the dentist, at the supermarket. (And I suspect that it's more often than that, but I don't always notice.)

There have certainly been some, "OMG! That's so-and-so and s/he looks exactly the same!" But there have also been a fair number of, "Hmm. They look so familiar! Who is that?" followed 20 minutes later by, "OH!!! I Can't believe I didn't recognize him/her! D'oh!"

Some people look very similar on film and in person. Some cannot be adequately captured by that medium. I guess Lois is among the former, and Clark among the latter. wink

Also, Clark avoids having pictures taken of him (as Clark) rather assiduously.

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun