Hey Lynn,

Now that I'm an old married mom, I'll have to try and dig up those old, wonderful memories of living in NY during my youth (hmm I moved out in 2001..seems like forever ago I was young and fun!)

1. Well when I was an young chi chi type living in the Big Apple :rolleyes: the Upper West Side was the place for me. It was hip for young people and more affordable than the East Side. Nice neighborhoody feel and lots of shopping plus you're steps from Central Park!

2. Brooklyn?? Nah never been there, Manhattan was the place to be! j/k Actually it really depends on where you're coming from and where you're going. I didn't travel back and forth too often honestly, maybe someone else can help you more. I can say that taking the train is the best way to get around.

3. Brooklyn is like the rest of NY, lots of ethnic groups. I know that there is a Russian-Jewish area near Brighton Beach and that Bensonhurst and Bay Ridge are predominately Italian. Williamsburg is arty and Brooklyn Heights is pretty yuppie-ish.

HTH, I'm sure others can elaborate more!

~Liz

[i]Edited to add this link in case you wanted to read more: ]http://brooklyn.about.com/cs/neighborhoods/a/Neighborhoods.htm[/I]

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know I’m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: I’m trying to be nice.