Originally posted by mrsMxyzptlk:
Maybe it was used by the DP to fix the damage done to the building. :p

(Though I suppose the damage was minor enough not to cost quite that much to fix.)
There was damage to the floor in Perry's office and the office below his in Advertising. I doubt that was $30 Mil to fix unless LexCo Construction was on the job.

I would have expected a security guard to have undergone a background check before he was hired. How did they miss that Willy had just gotten out of jail for murder? Doesn't Perry make some comment about having recommended him for the job? How does Perry know him, anyway?
I would think so too. Perry doesn't say how he came to know Willie; it's possible that Willie sought him out and pretended to strike up a conversation with him, and mentioned that he needed a job. Back ground checks weren't as prevalent back then as they are now, but I would think HR would've done a better job than that with a security guard, unless they had the same biases that Perry did. Old People = All Nice sweet grandparents. It's also possible that Willie fudged his background a bit on the application process or HR waved the background check due to Perry's recommendation.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.