Originally posted by Christina:
They never say but I always assumed they were going to see it in it's original Italian (i.e. Italy.) I think this might be a fanon change though. The script doesn't say anything.
Being that Lex says that "We have exactly thirty minutes before the opera" as they walk out of the elevators, I'm doubting he was planning on flying them to Italy. Also FlyHard takes place at 8pm Metropolis time, so I doubt there would be any opera's starting in Italy in the middle of the night. That they would be seeing Madame Butterfly in its original language makes perfect sense for Lex's character. I couldn't see him wanting to see it if it wasn't in its original language. It would be kin to Lex buying a copy of a famous piece of artwork. He's definitely an "original or nothing" sort of guy.

Even if he were planning on flying them to Italy to watch the opera, they would still have a chauffeur waiting for them out in the towncar/limo to take them to Lex's plane, wouldn't they?

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.