I’d rank this one as one of my favorite episodes of the series. There was something interesting about seeing Superman, as strong as he is, unable to just jump into a situation and fix it right away.

Not only that, but seeing Lex have to deal with a situation where he wasn’t in control was pretty fun, too. Here you have two very powerful men who aren’t used to someone else having power over them, and you get to see how each of them reacts to the situation.

I also enjoyed the 1920s flashbacks. It was a nice chance to see the entire cast do something different.

The episode also provided a couple of really funny moments. Cat Grant coming in and out of the newsroom and not realizing everyone was being held hostage was great, as was Jimmy’s impression of Perry.

One last thing I wanted to say was that I always wondered if maybe Jack suspected Clark was Superman by the end of this episode. I always got the impression that maybe that was where they would have gone with Jack had he not been dropped from the show.