One of the things that bothered me about S4 was the writers' desire to try to tame Lois after her marriage to Clark by making her more domesticated, by making her *want* to cook (who would *want* to cook, if they aren't great at it and are married to someone who is? Not me!), and by making her baby crazy at the end. They should have let Lois and Clark be married and deal with sharing their lives before being ready to try to bring children into their relationship. They were still young (and one of them would be for a while), so there really was no rush.
I have to agree with both points. I think on the baby crazy think they just figured it was the next step, but really they should have waited until the next season. Although frown there was not one.

On the cooking thing, I guess maybe there is some idea that some women feel they should be good cooks, but I thought in "Chip Off the Old Clark", we established that Lois would let Clark do the cooking, so really, the whole thing didn't make sense. Unless "Ghosts" is an intentional build-up to "I've Got You Under Your Skin", since the whole Lois cooking in there allows them to postpone her realizing that Clark is not really Clark.

Although, to be entirely fair, Lois does not just start cooking after she gets married. She cooks a whole Christmas dinner in "Seasons Greedings". Hmm, on that line you can't have as frazzled a Lois in "The Night before Mxymas", if she has not learned to cook. Although, actually, since that is after "Ghosts", it would almost be better continuity if Lois was like "yeah, Jimmy, bring Brenda, I am really excited, I love that I am now such a great cook, and want to show it off to more people". OK, cooking for large groups is still difficult, but this is another place where it seems like they forget about a development from a previous show.

John Pack Lambert