This was such a great part - and I'm especially talking about the Lois & Jack conversation and Jack's introspection.

What a perfectly natural capture of a young man's feelings who has been abandoned by his family, discovers a friend (Clark) but then comes to believe that friendship, which he thought was special/unique, is not.

At least that is what Jack thinks but my bet is that Clark saw him as a little brother. Indeed it was a special friendship.

There are so many places you could go not only with Lois but now with Jack. I still think a part 2 is in order - easy for me to say as I don't have to do the hard work of writing it. LOL!

Course there still is Clark - coming as close to death as one can, still in a deep coma. There are all kinds of issues to address when he comes back. As I mentioned earlier there will certainly be residual damage from the radiation poisoning, if his powers come back I would think it would take months - that is if they even all come back. Usually in situations like this there is some permanent damage - maybe Clark's super-sight won't be quite as acute anymore or his vulnerability won't be quite as great.

However you address this (hope you do) I'd love to see Jack take a part in nursing Clark back. You know, urging Clark to follow Hamilton's orders to not overdue it or to help Clark with a super-workout program designed to bring back his strength.

Of course, if Clark does come back I see Jack at first not wanting him to return to his Superman persona - knowing now that Clark is mortal and out of fear that someone will eventually succeed in doing what Luthor almost did. Now that would make for a great conversation - Jack giving all the reasons why Clark need not resume his alternate persona and Clark telling that he has no choice. Its a gift he has to share. But Clark now realizing more than before that he is indeed at risk - maybe he would talk about his new found fears - with Jack and Lois.

Jack might eventually see the need for Clark to return to being Superman but I could see it as a catalyst spurring him to persue a career in science or bioscience. His secret goal to one day find a cure for kryptonite poisoning - the ultimate gift he could give his friend and "brother" Clark.

It would be great to see Jack become in effect Clark's little brother. That is something that does not exist in the comic book continuity - Clark have an adopted brother so to speak, but I think it would be a great addition to the mythos. Jack adores Clark and I expect will be there throughout the recovery just further adding to the bond.

Like I said, this really deserves a part II - the rest of the story so to speak.

Thank you.