Kathy, do you think Lois will recognize Clark? huh
OK, since you asked...

The hopeless romantic in me that rises to the fore whenever reading L&C stories cries out "Yes!" [Linked Image] Although I'm not a big fan of the "Soul Mates" episode, I do like to think that L&C have felt a kind of "cosmic connection" between them right from the start. And this Lois does seem to have stopped denying that a lot earlier than she did on the show...

But there are a number of external factors that come into play here.

1. Clark's appearance. How much has 9 years of imprisonment changed him? The Count of Monte Cristo emerged from something like 15 years looking like this (okay, he cleaned up a bit first): [Linked Image]

Since Clark looked this gorgeous going in,
[img]http://images2.fotki.com/v2/photos/1/11220/95597/ClarkrejectedinBatP-vi.jpg?1015976889[/img]
I assume that he will also "clean up very nicely", but will his appearance have *changed*? How much will he have *aged*? We already know that it doesn't take much to alter his look so that Lois doesn't recognize him. laugh

At this point I'm going to assume that his physical appearance will be sufficiently changed that no one will recognize him as looking like Clark Kent.

2. Lois presumably thinks Clark is dead. So even if she feels some "connection" to this mysterious heir of Devon, will she just automatically dismiss it as nothing? After all, wouldn't she assume that IF there had been any way for Clark to have survived that hellhole, he would have let her and M&J know once he was finally free... I don't think she would take this lunkheadedness of Clark's into account.

3. We, of course, still don't know what has happened to Lois. What kind of life has she been living over the past 9 years? So this kind of ties into #2 - does she just feel dead inside as well? Will long-dormant feelings suddenly come alive when she sees Clark again? That would be a nice clue.

I am at this point reciting a daily mantra: "Lois is not with Lex, Lois is not with Lex". I tell myself that even though Lois had no idea that Lex was responsible for Clark's imprisonment, just knowing how Clark had felt about the man, she would never have let herself get close to him. But I'm scared.

So, even though I'm still waffling on this because there are so many unanswered questions, I want Lois to recognize Clark, so right now I have to believe that's what will happen. [Linked Image]

KathyM

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." - Babylon 5