Yes, I know... not everything, but I still have learned a great deal from the show, and by extension, from fanfic and chatting on IRC.

I know there was a satirical list of the same name quite a few years back... not sure where it is now, couldn't find it. frown But I had in mind a more serious list. Stuff that I really did learn. And, of course, I'd love to hear what everyone else learned too. I remember Erica telling me on IRC that she had learned a few things... so, without further ado, I'll list what I learned, then it's your turn! laugh

Stradivarius - a well made violin, which I'm assuming means tightly strung... I never had understood what altClark was getting at until I was watching Tempus Anyone with my dad one day... asked him why he laughed at the "Sorry, I'm a little high-strung." "Lady, you're a stradivarius." Now that I know, I think it's a clever quip... not to mention it defines his intelligence and, IMO, seets him apart a bit from our Clark. laugh

How do you spell those darned words... :rolleyes: Only two words come to mind right now, but I know there are more. "Definitely" was one word I'd consistently misspell, only because I was too lazy to look it up when spellcheck did it for me. goofy I think it was discussed somewhere on IRC one day when I finally got it. blush And thanks to LabRat... I once and for all, know how to spell "epiphany" without looking it up. laugh

Fanfic research has brought me to a new level of learning. goofy I know loads about the Congo, pregnancy, comas, the newspaper business... the list goes on of things I'd never known and might not have ever known (well, except for that pregnancy thing... think I would have figured that out on my own eventually wink ).

That's all I can think to share right now. I can't wait to read everyone else's responses! laugh

Sara goofy

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.