An excellent story, as always.

I think my reaction was different from everyone else's. At first I, too, was laughing. But the more I thought about it, the sadder the story seemed to me -- Lois has obviously "lost" her memory of many years. She apparently doesn't remember her own child. She has apparently reverted to an older version of S1 Lois, meaning that either she'll be in a marriage that she doesn't want for the sake of a child she doesn't remember, or else she and Clark will get a divorce. Either way, life for all three parties will be seriously disrupted.

Although I'd like to think that seeing their child would bring back Lois' more recent memories and the follow-on to this story would be happy (i.e., unpheromoned Lois would realize that she really did love Clark and they would remain happily married), nothing in the story would lead me to believe this is the case. So once my initial laughter died down, the story actually made me sad. I am sure that that wasn't what the story was intended to do, and I appear to be in the minority for having this reaction. I know, I know: Never overthink comedy.

But even if my reaction was different from everyone else's, the story still left me thinking about it and feeling for the characters. And that is the mark of a well-written story. Brava. clap

Joy,
Lynn